Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Christmas 2009 Journal of a theif

This Journal goes backwards like a normal Blog. I'm am doing well now. Like all thing they seem to happen for a reason my be some lessons Learned and possitive changes have and some yet to happen from all of this. This take time to build on and heal from this story will have more to it with time. I'm need to get through the extremely slow process of the Canadian Court system yet. My human rights issue with banks and customers with physical imparments needs work.I really was not sure about posting this. I still care  about the Nurse but this is not JUST theift but she was a person who was BONDED and becomes an issue of of Financial Abuse when a Nurse has broken a Trust agreement and stolen from a Resident in Care in a Facility. Alberta has a provincial Act called Protection For Persons in Care...Also Alberta Licence Practical Nursing which is now equal scope of practice to a Diploma Registered Nurse (10 years ago) Program discontinued last year. We still have Registered Nurses with University degree focuses on Administration.


I found out that it was my most favourite nurse who stole my money it’s bittersweet because I’m very sad. I found out Christmas eve. 11:30 P.M. I cried most of Christmas Day & Boxing Day but glad to have space to process. I’m hoping my experience will help someon else.
Jan 27
Finally met with Edmonton Police Victim Services… Jan 18
I am beyond the crying need to know the “What next” I feel bad for A---- worse for her future victims. She can move from person to person with a poker face which bothers me . She has a court date Feb 26 until then is a waiting game. I hope she will plead guilt. Canadian Courts are slow sometimes bigger crooks get a chance to plead guilt to a lesser charge this lets people off bigger charges. If she plead guilty they may give her a sentence then. I was asked by EVPVS to write a “Victim Impact Statement” but am waiting for the handout to tell me what I must include it was more then financial…there were some Big emotional parts. It took my heart. I know many of them will try to share when I’m finished. If she plead Not guilty I will get a subpoena to attend court in the future. I’m happy to testify but don’t know what I’ll do if it’s in the morning. My care is 3.5 hrs (not all with staff)

Jan 11 2010

Like I told you I’m getting back my $500…They go permission to garnish her wages. I can’t Complain they’ve talked to police Since the Building Manager PR has been back I even met the HUMAN RESOURCES Manager. They couldn’t garnish without her signature. So they got her to sign on the day they terminated her contract don’t know why the don’t call it Bonding. They told me 2 days ago. I’m sorry I was going to tell you. Not only do LPN need a Police check during hiring they need another one yearly upon licence renewal also ay $200 for the licence yearly. They have been so attentive to me here . They will have a family conference in January to tie up loose ends.

The Police have not yet come back…The N----d Social Worker has been fantastic they will help me negotiate with the Banka workable solution that can work for me and others. I know Charges are pressed can get support through Victim Services . It was recommended on the card from Police. I might need to write an impact statement yet also. It may be needed should I request other damages….or need for court..I’m planning to follow this as far as G__y M recommends.

Michelle
To a Friend Jan 13, 2010
I’m doing OK mentally don’t get me wrong unfortunately the legal system is a big disappointment. And there so called support,. N-----d has done a lot. They even got my $500 back already Had I not told them I wonder when the police would have told them…I’m doing well..quite well.

What concerns me is not my own victimization yes I feel victimized more by the system yes true it’s the potential of her to hurt anyone else that really bothers me. But what really concerns me and angers me is her ability to lie and her potential to victimize others. She could get a temporary job with a desperate private Company and steal more. Often people will hire give a job without waiting gives 2-3 months for clearance go through. I know it’s not my problem but it angers me. I hate to think how long it would have taken them to Notify Norwood if I did not say anything.
Michelle

To a Friend Jan 05 2010:
The Edmonton Volunteer Police Victim Services Program.

I’m just annoyed at them regarding my case and just had some questions regarding A’s s Plea. She was charged with Thief Under $500 The Abuse of Care is in N__ds hands is what I heard but happy to follow all I can do through to the very End…(It could be awhile if she pleads not guilty. It will be worth it if this if it makes a difference for all. Rumours are A__
is playing “the victim” of a frame up (Please we have a photo from the bank machine, 1 verbal confession to police , , 1 verbal confession to me, , 1 written confession to me = Proof) I’m afraid she will pinch her unsuspecting Non N--------d friends playing “I’m OK” *whimper* Her Friend’s: We can pay you rent, legal Fee’s…….iphone bill , Lulu clothes…Right!

I’m just annoyed at EVPVS regarding my case and just had some questions regarding A’s s Plea 2-3 calls from me + 3 from N------d Social Worker S----H--- = 1 call back
“Well (S----H----) Aren’t you a Social Worker…can’t you do it?”
Sandra H: I know about the Justice System? I’m at a Nursing Center

S------has excellent knowledge. This has been a hard situation and is more than $500
And if A---- pleas not guilty, a dumb thing with all the evidence she is still lying telling her few friends left she was Framed.
She doesn’t have a twin, her face wasn’t stolen, I have never asked for $500 cash…I even pay M-----l by check for my shopping.
My room has my Cash from Christmas. Under $100. I had to sign a paper get the cop to go in that drawer for my stamp… where the money is.
I know I never asked her to with draw…even with her confession to me, Norwood, Police could she lie again say I told her to take the money out?
Everyone here knows I didn’t Cst, K_k is too aloof and I am not comfortable. I know I will win but a Not Guilty Plea might drag on and keep
Her in Canada longer. That would be her motive for dragging it on. Not to mention cannot access any banking until I can get there. I’ll live but
Feel The Police’s Your Never Alone is Crock.


From: Dad
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 8:34 PM

Hi Dear,
1) Someone reminded me that the Cap Health employees are bonded (insured) and you have proof that an employee stole your money therefore Cap Health is responsible for the loss. Talk to the head honcho. You have good proof (the email & police report) of wrong doing because they have let her go and may even have her deported.



Luv ya much

Dad n Dar.
During this emails composition...great Minds think alike.
I already had that done. M

Dec 26

P__ K & C___ from Palliative are here I gave another full debrief. They have to follow procedures won’t let what I do matter. After I told them I remember a lie she told me “It could not be me because as why would I go downtown when Kingsway is Close” She appeared sincere. A Staff mentioned how perhaps God sent this task to me for a number of reasons R_s_ LPN had mentioned lots of money was stolen perhaps she took Nurse M’s $400, The next week A---- said she had $200 meant for her kids was stolen was it a rouse for handout? The staff now have lockers in the coat room. Stan’s Money was missing to from the box at the desk other staff and residents too. Was it her Maybe...or even a few Maybe not at all. I do know. Perhaps working with Gary (& police?) to lobby for a way for people who can’t type a PIN can sill be able to do purchases, withdrawals and other transactions. A--- even had the nerve to write this which I discovered at 2 PM today. P__ K & C___ from Palliative was on cal know. Her comment about past theft makes me wonder. She has an iPhone.

I saw at 11:30 PM Dec 24, 209

Written letter of Confession-
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 9:19 AM




Good Morning, Michelle, this is A----. I got a new email add already so I decided to talk to u again even if not personally since I'm still away for now. I wanted to call u but I left my phone at home coz I can't think straight, everything is messed up in my mind. Be back tom. Afternoon to face the consequences of the things that I have done for you. First of all I would like to say thank you for listening to me the other night. I know that until now you are very disappointed and mad of what I have done. I haven't slept for nights thinking about t hat.. but the primary reason of doing that is out of desperation to help my sick father even though I know that it is really wrong. It is not my intention of hurting your feelings and in the end of losing your trust in me. I am still a good person in such a way but I know what I have done would make my life miserable. I promise that I would pay back the money that was lost as soon as I can. Michelle, I am again asking for your forgiveness and please, please give me another chance of proving myself to you.. and if you were thinking that I am responsible for every losses in the unit I can honestly say to you that I'm not..I also lost my money a couple of months ago remember? Even though sometimes I don't eat anymore just to sustain the needs of my family, I am bearing all those hardships for them. And for this I learned my lesson the hard way. It so happened that I was tempted by devil to do such an act considering that my father needs it the most even though my conscience tells me not to do so. Please Michelle have pity on me.. I need my job for my kids who are very young and dependent on me.. I am begging for your help and forgiveness.. I am praying that the Good Lord will give you strength and enlightenment to forgive me and get through all of this.. Please Michelle have a heart for me and my family.. I am deeply deeply and truly SORRY.

Dec 25
Last night Christmas Eve I got the worst present ever…a confession…We’ll the mystery of the thief is over A---- was the culprit confessed to me after the police caught her last night I was completely so sure it was not her.. She fussed up before leaving to K___a B.C. Her father being ill was desperate for money. She says that it’s up to me to press charges,, But it’s more too it than that. I trusted her…I don’t want to be cruel ….but she was desperate… if I do nothing..what about the others…she had so many chance. She claims to pay me back…my heart forgives her does not replace the problem of the safety of other’s….I’m feeling sick about this know but God will get me through this. At first I asked to see the building manager but had no choice but to tell C----the RN . It was a good thing because she called Phil the Floor manager as well as Cl----- the palliative Nurse.


Michelle




I wrote Dec 18th to a friend
PS N----d Social worker S____r_ H___s stayed for moral support

The 2 police Ladies took my statement last night were so far extremely supportive and were honest on how easy crooks can get pins at the same time a purchase is made via a machine. It’s too bad the bank wasted my time. I could have started he process 2 weeks ago. They are back stepping my history of that card they are tracking all the possibilities of the cards venders (Activated Oct 26 2009, which was only 3 machine transactions and the one where at stall of rented booth a long time book vender at the Glenrose purchase failed to go through. my first attempt to Activate my card) and including the staff . I’m sure it was not but if anything rules her out it’s not her are putting some pressure on my bank to help me better find a safer way….and reconsider paying me back (FYI They won’t so far) This morning when some other staff made a comment that she would never help a resident with a bank card I realized that on the positive side there are photos when there is theft with bank card . There are now pics of the crook which would rule out innocent. It would not happen if I had cash stolen,



The bank lady was told me today that I must call the police after all this fooling around they are not taking responsibility for the fact they say it’s not fraud. They are trying blame “The Nurse” (A----…the don’t have a name) I had my card. I’m thinking it was the teller at shopper’s who scan my card. She was distracted by a guy at the til behind me. I don’t remember if it was swiped 2x.I saw my card at midnight when I saw the bag missing. I need you guys to call or be involved I need your help getting the police to come. I’m so mad they waited 2 weeks.
I need your support. I have no doubt A---- did not steal my card.



On October 26 had a brand new chipcard end of October activated at the Glenrose Instabank with my friend & Church member D__e P__r…(We had tried to activate it at the Bookstore vender another book Company had been at the Glenrose outside the Glenrose on right-hand side facing Glenrose Bookstore. We chopped up my old card without a chip into bits. I used it only at 2 stores at Kingsway at Shopper’s Drug Mart & H & M Clothing...Kingsway Bank of Montreal has remained I went with a N----d Bus and the nurse so extremely honest..…I forgot 1 bag at Shoppers realized the next Day by Iris the unit clerk picked up without my card but the receipt and items checked and highlighted missing items…the best ID for the lost & Found at Shoppers. I mention this only because I looked in my purse and my bankcard was there. I keep it in a special paper sleeve and it’s not easy to get to. Since I showered I stayed in bed the afternoon on. (Nov 28) I didn’t know until the next week someone stole $500 from my account from an Instabank at THE MAIN BMO BRANCH downtown.

Bank took a week to say it’s not fraud due to the nurse had helped with my punching my pin in. They knew 6 days ago. Because I chop my old card to tiny bits and this card was used in front of me …the card was with me the whole day…I was in bed and was 99.9999999 impossible to steal. It was only activated last Oct week. Since the $500 (is my Maximum withdrawal was taken from a downtown BMO THE MAIN EDMONTON BRANCH no more could be taken …I wonder if it wasn’t some inside the post office through the envelop. Brad suggested perhaps someone hacked into a stores computer? The thing is I know 3 other people and staff know they had money stolen….from having their chipcard copied

B---d also thought it is possible someone hacked into the stores computer online and made a new card transferring my chip data….some fraudulent tellers are known side swipe under the counter copying the chip info…

If the nurse had been a crook…which I know she did not..…….But even if she had my pin she still had NO card.

Anyway I’m now waiting for the bank to aware the instabank photos. Dad & D & C and Aunty C are helping with funds. My account is on hold. I’m not sure what to do but get a new aced and pin and continue gambling. I feel tied down with a N----d account, I am so grateful to many people. My friend the computer guy has never used my card was my bank currier. I just want people with mobility impairment or have the freedom $safety of an ATM Card but are protected. Is there any president in the Federal Court? There should be a law to protect people’s rights. I’ll get over the $ but I feel like a rights violating. That’s my beef. With the rate of occurrence it will likely happen again. The Bank sent me the card mid October asked me to use it for my safety. To me the chip might copy like a smart phone or cheap mp3 player. . (I added a couple other emails to get a better picture…read at your leisure)

Dec 14

The bank lady was told me today that I must call the police after all this fooling around they are not taking responsibility for the fact they say it’s not fraud. They are trying blaming The Nurse "A----". I had my card. I’m thinking it was the teller at shopper’s who scan my card. I don’t remember if it was swiped 2x.I saw my card at midnight when I saw the bag missing. I need you guys to call or be involved I need your help getting the police to com. I’m so mad they waited 2 weeks.
I need your support. I have no doubt A---- did not steal my card.

Dec 11 I wrote to a friend.




I had $500 stolen from someone who has a copy of my chipcard. The few times I’ve used it with me always present only very trustworthy type my pin. Even though my card was safe where it was it has not left my purse. Even though it was 6 days later I know the card was there as I looked that day. The bank is saying not fraud because someone helped me. Like I’m so very desecrate I try to give my pin to the person around the corner…nobody remembers at the till …so I mumble…my lips are hard to read. I know 3 other people it has happened to 2-3 who know somebody the bank usually knows its fraud.
They waited a week to tell me this. Although they are requesting security photos ….but I’m 99.9 99999999999 I just know that I won’t know the person. So then they will just say the lady got someone to else to steal it for her. That’s would be fraud.
I have family to help me I don’t want to but the $500 can be dealt with.. I wonder what to do next. Of course I will get a new card and pin. I want to shop in stores & online (a differ #) and pay my own bills. Carrying cash for everything is cumbersome and dangerous. But with not allowing trustworthy people to help you and someone copies your chip, the pin loophole, the bank can not take responsibility for something they asked me to do. I think people with hand impediments will be a bigger target and will have no choice to use nursing Center accounts which is very limiting.


Dec 6

Some scrooge On Friday Nov 27th the day after our group shopping trip Thurs...H &M & Shopper was the only 2 stores we had time for. I realized I was missing a bag so Friday Iris the Unit clerk picked it up with only the recipient with items I had checked…Item missing unchecked. It was in lost &found t Shoppers.

I mention this because, I knew the girl with me was very very trustworthy...a victim of theft last year but to make sure it was not misplaced…I still checked my purse the card was there. It was a fluke that I logged in to pay bills today I noticed a large chunk of money was gone some Scrooge stolen $500 from an instabank downtown. I haven't been downtown since this summer. The new chipcard for supposed security was here with me the whole time...if not for the missing bag I would not have known that for sure 100%...was in my room all Fri is my bath-day. My pin is in my head different than my online/phone banking. The banks been notified put a freeze on my account I won’t know until next week. I’m short my rent $500 but it not due yet. The bank will return the $500 once they investigate for fraud. But not if they don’t and there is no proof...the crook & BMO gets away. The card was only used 3x...once when I activated it. My pin I got in MW Dad & Cleo offered to help me if they don’t. But damn scary... It was a genuine BMO chip card. I didn’t want my old card to become obsolete.


1. It happed at the instabank 10199-101 ST. I Googled is the Main BMO Branch downtown . The card never left my side (you see Thurs we went to Kingsway only shopped at Shopper’s the new H&M Clothing nice stuff very affordable…The sizes are when the Tell forgot to give me a bag Thurs. The receptionist picked it up with the receipt not the card. It was then I double checked my wallet was on my wheelchair the whole time
2. My pin number was changed after Artspace & house the first year at GSS none of my ex- attendants would have my pin
3. My card pin & internet pin are very different
4. My old card I saw cut into bits by my Bible Study mentor
5. I haven’t sent my card out with anybody without me in years not even friend M_k_.

Nov 28 at midnight while looking for my Chocolate and noticed I was missing quit

Nov 27
Group Shopping trip. I took A---- behind clothing and whispered my pin but I sill had to mumble them to her for both transaction
Shopped with card at H & M Clothing It
Shoppers The woman at the till was young Dark haired with glasses was distracted by a guy behind me…I did not pay attention to their conversation. She handed A---- my card who put it in my purse

October



$500 was stolen from an Instabank at main Edmonton branch……Read below
IDP flaws and features
Interac Direct Payment is a PIN-based system where the information entered on the PIN pad is encrypted and verified at a central server, rather than being stored on the card itself. Because of this, it is significantly more secure than traditional signature or card-based transactions. Despite these security features, there are ongoing fraud concerns, particularly when debit cards are duped or skimmed — a compromised automated teller machine or point-of-sale terminal will record the account information contained in the magnetic strip of the card, allowing for duplicate cards to be created at a later time. The owner of the card is then secretly video taped or observed entering their PIN, allowing a criminal to use duplicate cards to make fraudulent purchases.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interac

No comments: